Feel Like The Best Version Of Yourself In Three Weeks Or Less
There are studies that suggest it takes just 21 days to form a habit. That’s just three weeks. Other studies differ, of course - some say it’s 18 days, while others claim it can be anywhere up to 254 days. The fact is, forming new habits depends on the person, their lifestyle, and how badly they want this new habit to form. However, by practicing a new good habit for 3 weeks, you’ll be well on your way to incorporating them in your routine for life.
What does this have to do with becoming the best version of yourself? Well, oftentimes, becoming the best version of yourself has a lot to do with habits that you need to incorporate. Read on for some suggestions and pretty soon you should be feeling like the best version of you.
Get Into One New Healthy Habit Every Few Days
Rather than trying to completely change your lifestyle all at once, getting into a new habit every few days should help you to start feeling much better. Below are some suggestions of the good habits we should all try to get into. Take a look and see what you can do:
- Drink water - water is essential for feeling alert, staying hydrated, and being healthy in general. If you want to feel great, drinking more water is the more sensible step. Chug a whole pint soon after waking in the morning, and then carry a large bottle with you for the rest of the day. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink. Aim for at least 2 litres.
- Find one thing to be grateful for every day - being more grateful of the things you have can help you to cultivate a more positive mindset, as well as make you happier with your surroundings. There’s always something to be grateful for, whether it’s a great friend, a loving family, or a job that pays the bills.
- Add more vegetables to your plate - do you eat enough vegetables? Aim to eat vegetables with every meal, and snack on them instead of high calorie, sugary treats when possible. Vegetables and fruits high in water are great for you.
- Prepare your meals in advance - you won’t be tempted to grab junk or order in a takeaway if you’ve prepared your meals in advance!
- Start exercising - you don’t have to perform like an athlete at the beginning. Go for a walk, a swim, or do some yoga. Moving in anyway is better than sitting on the couch.
- Get more fresh air - fresh air and sunlight is essential for health and happiness.
- Focus on getting enough sleep each night - your sleep will affect you in many ways, from your stress levels to your appetite.
Treat Yourself To A Professional Treatment
Treating yourself every now and again is something you should also get into the habit of doing. Do some research on local salons and clinics in your area; maybe you could go for a relaxing facial, or view Cosmetic Laser Dermatology today and see what’s more suited to you.
Clear Out Your Wardrobe
Maybe your clothes are making you feel dull. Clear out things you no longer wear or like, and replace with a few pieces that make you feel truly happy!
Improve Your Home Environment
Keeping your environment clean and clutter free will help you to feel like there’s a weight off your mind.