Natural Ways To Firm Your Skin After Weight Loss
Losing weight is worth celebrating. After all, it is the start of a healthier lifestyle for you. And of course, this means that all you work hard work has finally paid off. But if you think that your hardships are already over, think again. There are a few downsides to losing a lot of weight too.
Oh, really? Weight loss does come with some problems. The most notable one is no other than sagging skin. You see, your skin expands to accommodate your growing body and when you lose all those fats, your skin will not be able to go back to its old form right away. Instead, you will be left with having to deal with loose skin. Lucky for you, there are plenty of ways on how you can tighten it. Here are some of them:
1. Give Priority To Protein.Since you have already lost weight, we are assuming that you already have the discipline needed to eat right. Well, this tip will no longer be a problem for you, we are sure! One of the best ways to tighten skin is to eat more protein. This is because protein can help you build muscle, allowing you to fill in the space of your loose skin, making it tighter than ever. In addition to its muscle growth benefits, protein also provides the skin all the nutrients it needs to stay healthy, tight and young looking.
2. Take Vitamin E.In addition to protein, your skin will need vitamin E too. Vitamin E is actually packed with antioxidants that can fight off free radicals that our skin produces when we age and when we are exposed to the sun. The antioxidants help to neutralize the harmful effects of these free radicals, preventing them from damaging collagen that our skin needs to stay firm. Lucky for you, this vitamin is easy to get since there are plenty of vitamin E supplements in the market today.
3. Take Vitamin C.Another must have vitamin is no other than vitamin C. It is also an essential vitamin that the body needs in the production of elastin as well as collagen. Because of this, one of the best ways to tighten the skin is to consume about 75mg of vitamin C on a daily basis. You can do this by incorporating strawberries, cantaloupes, broccoli and potatoes in your diet.
4. Walk.Yes, you are not done with exercising because these workouts that can help tighten the skin and walking is one of them. Walking can actually help tone the skin, and it can also help you build muscle, especially in the leg area. In addition to your usual walking distance, we recommend that you get up earlier in the morning so you can walk more, burn more fats, build more fats and finally get rid of that sagging skin.
5. Sleep.Your sagging skin needs time to heal and the best time for healing and recovery is during your sleeping time, That’s why it is recommended that you get enough rest. Make sure that you apply all your skin care apply products before you go to sleep as this is also the perfect time for the epidermis to absorb the wonders of these products.
6. Apply Almond Oil Or Coconut Oil On a Daily Basis.Moisturizing your skin is one of the best ways to tighten skin. And the best moisturizing oils that you can use for this purpose is no other than almond oil or coconut oil. It is recommended that you apply any of these oils in your body before sleeping. When you wake up, you will be amazed at how soft and smooth your skin will be. Do it consistently and rest assured; you will have tighter skin in no time.
7. Do Calisthenics.Another great exercise to build muscle and bring tightness back to your skin is calisthenics. Perform this exercise 4-5 times a week. No matter how busy your schedule is, you can find room in your schedule for it as most of these exercises will just take 10 minutes of your time.
Losing weight is a difficult process that you already have overcame. So this loose skin issue will not be too much of a problem for you, especially since there are lots of natural ways on how you can get rid of it. Follow the tips mentioned above and rest assured; you can finally enjoy the fruits of your weight loss labor without having to deal with sagging skin.